------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Checking In" by Angus MacSpon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ It was a little after midnight, and she was almost asleep, when the compulsion came on her again. The need to check in and report. Slightly glassy-eyed, she snuck out and made her way to the video arcade. It was closed, of course, but by now she knew the way to break in undetected. She picked the right machine, and typed rapidly at the keyboard. The screen began to glow. She recited the password: "While the cat's away, the rabbit reads manga." "Report," said the voice of Control. "Still no sign of Moon Princess." Control sighed. "Anything else?" "Yes. Shampoo still no can get date with Ranma." "What?" Control seemed upset. "So it's you again! Will you leave this machine alone, you crazy Chinese bimbo!" Obediently Shampoo turned away and started to leave. For a few moments she could still hear Control muttering: "Why does she keep reporting in? She's not even a cat!" She walked out of the video arcade, past the line of others waiting to report in. As she stepped outside, she heard Nuku-nuku reciting the password, and Control beginning to scream. Then the hypnotic spell left her. Shampoo looked around, wondered what she was doing here, and ran home. Until next time... ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Based on series and characters created by several people, none of them me.